As a fiercely independent, locally-owned bank, Oostburg State Bank takes great pride in giving back to the community, and 2018 was no different. But beyond the typical monetary contributions made to local organizations, many of our staff members donated their time to non-profits in the area.
Here’s how we made 2018 the year of giving back:
Oostburg State Bank made sizeable donations to a number of events and organizations, including:
- OCEF – Oostburg Community Education Fund
- Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice
- Village of Oostburg
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital
- Oostburg Area United Fund
- Cedar Grove Area United Fund
- Oostburg Ambulance
- Oostburg Fire Department
- Cedar Grove Fire Department
- Junior Achievement
We awarded six scholarships to deserving high school students from our area.
Our employees volunteered at more than 20 organizations and community events in 2018, including Junior Achievement and the Community Picnic.
We hosted a number of events for the community, including:
- Community Picnic at the Park in June
- Shredding event in July – donated canned goods to the Oostburg and Cedar Grove Area food pantries
- Food drive in November for the Oostburg and Cedar Grove Area food pantries
- Toy drive in December for the Salvation Army
We are so proud of our employees for helping us make such a huge impact in 2018, and we’re looking forward to making a big impact in 2019.